Home Board District Elementary School High School Links


What's A Buzz



Frequently Asked Questions

Q: If my child is going to be absent, whom do I call?

A: Call the school each day your child is absent. When your child returns to school, you must send a note listing the dates and reason for absence. Absentee notes must be received within 3 days of the absence or your child’s absence will be marked as “unexcused”.

↑ Top

Q: What should I do if my child is late to school?

A: Children arriving late to school must stop at the school office before proceeding to their classrooms. Parents of elementary students should escort their children to the office upon arrival.

↑ Top

Q: What if I need to take my child out of school early?

A: You are encouraged to make all doctor and dental appointments after hours to ensure that your child receives a full educational program. If there are occasions when early dismissal is an absolute necessity, a note to your child’s classroom teacher (elementary students) or the office (junior/senior high school students) must be provided, including the reason and time you will be picking up your child.

↑ Top

Q: What happens if my child becomes ill at school?

A: A student who becomes ill at school is taken to the nurse’s office for evaluation. If it becomes necessary for the student to be sent home, every attempt will be made to contact you using the emergency notification information card submitted on the opening day of school.

↑ Top

Q: What if my child needs to take medication during the school day?

A: The giving of any medication during school should be kept at a minimum. All medications (including medicines prescribed by a physician and over the counter drugs, including Tylenol) are kept in a locked cabinet and properly labeled. Written permission from a parent/guardian and family physician is required. Contact the school nurse if you require this service.

↑ Top

Q: How can I arrange a conference with a teacher?

A: Please call the school or e-mail the teacher, in advance, to arrange for a conference at a mutually convenient time.

↑ Top

Q: What are the report card dates?

A: Report cards are scheduled to be issued on: November 7, January 28, April 7 and June 6.

↑ Top

Q: In the event of inclement weather, how will I know if schools have an early dismissal, are delayed or are closed?

A: Early dismissal, school delays and school closings are announced on WJAC TV and WKYE and also on www.wjactv.com. Click for more information.

↑ Top

Q: What’s for breakfast or lunch?

A: Click below to go to the breakfast/lunch menus.
Breakfast Menu
Lunch Menu

↑ Top

Q: When is the next school day off?

A: Click below to go to the school calendars.
K4 Calendar
K-12 Calendar

↑ Top

Q: How do I enroll my child in school?

A: Enrollment in district schools is processed at the individual school site. To enroll your child(ren), please contact the individual school. You will need the following documentation to enroll your child:

  • 1. Proofs of residency (utility bill, telephone bill, mortgage statement, rental agreement, etc.,)
  • 2. Immunization records
  • 3. Address of prior school attended (so that we may request transfer of your child’s records)
  • 4. Social Security card
  • 5. Birth Certificate

↑ Top

Q: What is the cutoff date for kindergarten?

A: Your child must turn five on or before September 1.

↑ Top

Q: Do you offer before and after school day care?

A: Before or after school care if offered at the elementary school. This service is provided through Cambria County Child Development Corporation. They can be contacted at (814) 472-6341.

↑ Top